Thursday, May 8, 2014

Hot new decorating trend: Industrial Chic Decor


DIY home decor projects are HOT! and if you've noticed some of the trends lately, Industrial Chic decor is TRENDY and popular, especially among those living in small spaces and loft apartments.

You may be thinking that this style isn't quite up my alley. But, you'd be amazed at just how versatile it is and how it can go from Industrial Chic to Shabby Chic in a matter of minutes



I happen to love both of these styles of decor and I combine them with our rustic style home here is SW. Missouri!

I met the girls, Tracey and Christine from MD Hobby and Crafts at this past CHA.  I visited their booth, saw their awesome metal sheets, chicken wire and other products and knew we would be a perfect fit to work together.

I spent the month of April designing their  for the National Hardware Show going on right now in Las Vegas.  MD Hobby & Craft produces a full line of decorative aluminum sheeting, galvanized steel sheets, chicken wire and more. And now, I'm excited to share with you just how amazing this space came together! (you really should go check out their products - they are awesome!)

First, let me share with you these photos I sent them before the show which show just how versatile this style is:


Using decorative metal sheets from MD Hobby and Craft - Lincane (Pencil cup), Cloverleaf (table tray-above lower left), Galvanized metal - "SIT", Chicken wire light fixture and more


Love how these designs even combined with one of my favorite companies - Spellbinders! The frame  and chicken wire wrapped candles are made with a new bezel from the A Gilded Life collection.


I used the patterned sheets as stencils to create my own coordinating fabric to match - (ellipse and mosaic pattern)


Now, below you'll see the same projects just styled in a different way and give a totally different look!  From Shabby Chic to Industrial Chic in minutes!


I cut the word "sit" out with one of my brand new power tools (yeah love those power tools) and soldered the edges for a trendy and friendly reminder to just sit back, relax and take it all in.



A little better picture of the wall art ( posie painting on top)  (Birds of a feather picture a couple of shelves down).  Even made our own metal drawers with vintage style knobs using the aluminum sheets with the cloverleaf design.

I proposed the bookshelf made from iron pipe and their metal sheets and I think it turned out AhhhMazing!

And I have loads of small pieces left over that I'll turn into jewelry! I love metal crafts :)

You can find their products at Hobby Lobby and Lowes.

I'll be sharing how-to make metal projects on my youtube channel soon!





Please follow the instructions in the confirmation email to confirm your subscription.  Thank you!

Disclaimer:  I was compensated to create these projects by MD Hobby and Craft - the views are my own.  I only work with products I stand behind and use in my own personal life.  

No comments:

Click on a post

Related Posts with Thumbnails