Sunday, April 13, 2014

If you're a Tightwad, you won't want to miss this! ROAD TRIP!


I can't tell you how long it has been since I've had no contact what-so-ever with anyone other than the people I was presently with.  I spent the weekend with no internet and no cell service, tucked down into a hollar where the river roared and the trout were biting.  IT WAS WONDERFUL!



Thursday, I threw the paint in the air, and grabbed my fishing pole for a date day with Hubby.  We needed it! We've both been working to the grindstone on so many projects.  He's home, I'm not - then there is the I'm home, he's not (because he's usually fishing....kidding Dana) So, though I had loads of stuff to do, I said YES to a fishing date....

Getting up at 3am really isn't my idea of fun - I'm not a morning person, but if you don't get up early, you miss this - A beautiful morning sunrise over Truman Lake in Missouri.  We met up with our guide Richard Bowling of Richard Bowlings Guide Service at Bucksaw.  If you want to have a Crappie Day, then he's your guy!


About 4 hours later.....we had this....



That's a stringer of 45 crappie - 3 limits, a blue catfish, a hybrid striper (it's Dana's little one)...my big one broke my line - true story....  Gorgeous day, loved spending time with my hubby and I didn't have to clean a single fish....

On our way back, we went through Tightwad, MO.  - Population 69.  I really think there's more tightwads out there, they just won't admit it.  But they do boast a few ammenities to their little town...


They have a bank....with a sign that needs fixing....., A Volunteeer fire department - (Um, I would think if anything, I'd pay these guys...especially when it comes to fire? You might just want these guys to be around)... and then there "was" a Cafe.....


But, as you can see, tightwads are a little tight with their moo-lah...and so well...it went bust...

They also have a "C" store...I suspect that stands for Convenience Store, but they were a little tightwad with getting the sign made and decided to save a little money and only buy a "C".....

We traveled 90 miles in the opposite direction this weekend to Roaring River State Park.  The BIL, SIL and my nephew came to visit from Iowa.  Fish were bitin' there too!
Most everyone caught their limit of 4 - I did not.  But Mariah did and I was so proud of her and all the kids.

Elise and Julia learned how to clean their own fish.  Surprisingly they liked it....Julia cleaned several and Elise told her boyfriend she's going to teach him to clean fish! Oh Boy!

So the weekend with no cell service, no internet was a huge success!  We shared lots of "real" laughs, stuffed ourselves with crappie at the fish fry, caught some trout and had a great time as a family!


Went to one of our favorite BBQ spots in Aurora, MO...Yum yum.....

And that's a wrap of the weekend.  I'm starting the week fresh and ready to get the craft on!




Please follow the instructions in the confirmation email to confirm your subscription.  Thank you!

No comments:

Click on a post

Related Posts with Thumbnails