Friday, February 28, 2014

Thought of the day - How to handle rejection in a positive way....



Hello Crafty Friends,

Doing my usual morning peruse of Facebook, I ran across this.....




I thought WOW! how true those words are!  Although I wasn't recently rejected from anything major in my life, I have dealt with my fair share of rejection in the past- personally and professionally. It sucks!


For a designer or an author, it can be that our work was rejected from a publisher - bad day! and while we think we're the absolute worst at what we do, in reality it simply means - It's just not the right time or we simply don't have the room to include it.

I've also been let go from jobs - and that stinks! - like big time stink! But, if I had those jobs today, I wouldn't be working my dream job!

Or how about something good coming to an end?  That's the way I felt when The Carol Duvall Show taped their last series of shows.  I loved being a guest, I loved what I was doing - how could this all end?  But you know what Carol said to me?  "Linda, when one door closes, another one always opens".  I have cherished those words and she was right - so many opportunities that I could have never imagined have come my way.

Those words can relate to so many aspects of our life.  It's the trials that make us strong, not the successes.  The successes are just the reward from all the hard work and persistence!

I hope you all have an amazing weekend! And if you're one of the ones in line for this next winter storm like we are - grab a project and have a crafty weekend doing what you love! Remember if something doesn't turn out....there's something much better along the way.....

xx - Linda



Please follow the instructions in the confirmation email to confirm your subscription.  Thank you!

1 comment:

Amanda Schroeder said...

Hello! Please cite your source near the picture.
The original source is here:
http://www.weandserendipity.com/2014/01/hired.html

Thank you!

Click on a post

Related Posts with Thumbnails