Monday, April 29, 2013

A little creative play - 3D Metal Birdhouse Charms with Media Mixage Dies

Follow Me on Pinterest


Wow this month is like a whirlwind!  A business trip at the beginning of the month and lots of new fun "toys" to play with and I'll give you three guesses where I've spent a majority of my time!


I've been having a blast playing around with Spellbinder's Media Mixage line.......

For me so much of my artwork revolves around personal memories or things that I hold very dear to my heart.  When I was a little girl, my aunt Jeanette willed me a gorgeous dollhouse that she had custom made in the early 70's.  That started me on a journey of loving all things miniature.

My Grandma Campbell collected birds - especially cardinals and in the springtime, my back yard is full of bright red cardinals hoping to impress a lady cardinal with their song....

This is a tribute to them both.  I developed a way to use the dies to create this 3-dimensional birdhouse charm from the Media Mixage line from Spellbinders.

Took me a little bit to perfect the technique, but now that I have it down - I can make a charm in about 20 minutes start to finish.  Kinda looks like precious metal clay in a way don't you think?


It was a work in progress......and below are some more works in progress....

I think my family will have to drag me out of the studio.......




Don't miss out! Subscribe to my free project tutorials, videos and tips to help you in your creative home and business life!
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Click on a post

Related Posts with Thumbnails