Thursday, October 18, 2012

A little green with envy....

A little bit jet lagged still from a quick hop over the pond to premiere my collection of beads that are exclusive to Create and Craft (I'll post soon!).  I had loads of errands to run yesterday and the cool crisp weather is perfect to wear my favorite plaid flannel shirt.  I paired it with a couple of my newest Janie Lane jewelry pieces, grabbed my calendar and headed out the door.  

I couldn't help but stop and take in the wonderful colours we are having here in Southern MO, especially since we've had such a drought and a lot of the trees took it really hard....


above is the view in our yard....


The turn of the century mill along the Finley River in Ozark, MO


I love old bridges!

And during one of my errand stops....I sold the jewelry right off my neck!! :)

I won't get a chance to breathe any time soon.  Every weekend from now till the middle of December I have something planned!!  I'm very excited about it really and it's all fun and creative.  

My latest piece I've named "Green with Envy".  I'm not sure why...but the luscious rich green tones really spoke to me.  I've also paired it with some gorgeous autumn coloured faceted beads and strung it on hand dyed silk.  I do believe that when you wear it, your friends will be green with envy.

Couple of quick updates...If you live in the Springfield, MO and surrounding area (or even if you wanna make a road trip towards Branson, which is a great time of year to visit, by the way) mark your calendars for Friday October 26th.  Get a babysitter...have the hubby watch the kids...whatever you have to do so you don't miss The GIRLS NIGHT OUT WINE, CHEESE and TRUNK SHOW at RESTORE in Nixa, MO.  From 6-8pm we'll be having some fun girl time, shopping and sipping wine and eating delicious cheeses.  

Christine from RESTORE also will be featuring some great one of a kind vintage pieces of shabby chic furniture, you can also see all sorts of artwork from local artists in the area.  It should be a grand time!!!


Then coming the 2nd weekend in November, I'll be doing my first ever VINTAGE MARKET in Billings, MO as part of Phoene's Vintage Market.  I am so excited to not only share my Janie Lane Collection, but also an eclectic mix of unusual vintage finds that I've been collected on my dumpster diving excursions.  I am soo excited to be a part of this vintage market...it's totally me...totally fun...and gives me an outlet for my diving-slash-hording-junk addiction!

Craft on!

No comments:

Click on a post

Related Posts with Thumbnails