Saturday, July 9, 2011

Rice Krispie Pops anyone??? Easy - Fun and Yummy Food Crafts


After my trip to Pier 1, I couldn't wait to put this into action. Whaddya think??  Does food taste better when it's all packaged really cute and fun?? Are you more apt to eat it - even if you're stuffed??  I would say so...

Last night Dana made the most awesome venison steaks.  We paired them with baked potatoes, home grown green beans and a fruit salad....

But then...the dessert!  Yummy Krispie Pops!!!!!  (you know...just because I HAD to use my new dinnerware)

These are so easy to make...in fact you can make them ahead and freeze them until you're ready.  Just wrap each one individually and pull out as many as you need for the evening.  Great treat when you're in a pinch for time!

Here's my recipe:

1/2 stick butter
Approximately 40 large marshmallows
1/2 box or so of krispie cereal.
Lollipop sticks (cookie pop sticks)
silicone brownie pop baking tray
bowl of water
Almond bark chocolate
1 t shortening
Non-stick baking tray
Decorative candy, colored sugar or nuts...optional...

I say "about"...because I really dont measure these.. you want about the same amount of marshmallows as you have krispies...you don't want it too hard with cereal...or too gooey with marshmallows....you get the idea...

Melt the butter and marshmallows in the microwave.  Depending on your microwave...could be 30seconds to a couple minutes...

Stir in the cereal

Dip your spoon in water and press the treats into the brownie pop tray to mold.  Make sure they are well compressed and flat on the surface. 

Carefully remove and turn them upside down to rest on the flat side. 

At this point you can wrap individually and freeze if desired to be enjoyed later....

But, if you must try them....stick a stick into the top center of each pop and freeze for about 30 minutes


Melt a small chunk of almond bark in the microwave and add 1tsp shortening. (helps to keep the flow)

Dip the bottom of the pops into the chocolate and immediately sprinkle on decorative balls..nuts or whatever you want it to look like. 

Set them on a nonstick sheet and pop in the freezer for a few minutes to harden.

Presentation - this is the fun part!!

I drew little red polka dots on the sticks for my "grilling theme" and because my plates are summer-y decked out with yellow lemons and strawberries....

I also tied a little bow around the base of each one for an added little sumthin' sumthin'. 

I arranged them on my serving "boat" or you could make a pleasing arrangement on a simple plate...
or...even put one in a cute treat bag....

All I know is when it came time to eat them it sure made me smile when the WHOLE FAMILY said..."WOW - these are incredible!!" and they wanted more!!

No comments:

Click on a post

Related Posts with Thumbnails