Wednesday, January 26, 2011

FLIP PAL(tm) Mobile Scanner Blog Hop Week #4 - Courage

Continuing on the theme of Hope......sometimes, you have to have courage....

That's tough!  Courage is a tough thing to muster when you're in unfamiliar territory...or when you don't know what lies ahead ....and everything around you seems bleak....






So another glimpse into some really raw emotion....that I just had to get down on canvas.....
Anyone who is diagnosed with cancer....definately has to muster up the courage to FIGHT!
It's not just a battle for those diagnosed...it's really a family disease...it affects everyone around you....

And so I made this canvas...  It reminds me of the courage it took for Mariah, my daughter to fight....and the courage it takes my Mom to fight now....and it also reminds me to take courage when things are a little dim...

I cut words from the newspaper....mod podged...painted...stripped...glued...sewed...just about every technique I could think of....and it was soooo muuuccchhh fun!!!!

Even though this canvas is small ..it's really bumpy and I did try to see what would happen if I just plunked it down on my scanner....and no go...It was full of light and dark spots....so that's what makes the Flip-Pal(R) Mobile Scanner sooo wonderful is that what it scans is so close you get a nice crisp picture with no light or dark spots and no shadows....

2 comments:

Shirley in Canada said...

This would so work with two quilts I will be making for our Relay for Life in June! Thanks so much for the idea!!

Tom Yates said...

This is a lovely canvas. I hope you can make a video tutorial of this. I would like to create my own canvas. Thanks.

Click on a post

Related Posts with Thumbnails