Friday, January 21, 2011

Flip-Pal™ Mobile Scanner Blog Hop Week #3 - Yes, There IS HOPE!

Yes, Im a day late with this hop...as my Dad would say, "A Day late and a dollar short"....yep...always at LEAST a dollar short!...But better late than never.

Last Monday, Tiffany Windsor devoted her whole Inspired at Home show to "Gratitude"...what are you most grateful for? It was a beautiful show - in fact...if you missed it, read on as I'll give you the link at the bottom of the post.

Gratitute is one of those words that really makes you stop and think.  A quick answer would be to say...I'm Grateful for my friends - like all you readers who I can't believe would read a thing that I write....and my family...because they're awesome....but dig deeper....

Would you say your grateful for some of the more difficult times in your life?  Hmmmm...probably not....

But I say...for the most part...Yes! That's exactly what I'm grateful for.  Challenges...Rough times...downright ugly times where you just wanna crawl in a hole and hide times....

I've been there......recently....and I made it....

and if you're experiencing very trying times right now.....I understand....and you'll make it....and you'll get thru it.....and you'll be stronger for it.....I am.....

I made this  collage about 4 months ago on a canvas....it was my first canvas to ever work on and I wasn't even sure that I could do it.....My mom was in the hospital....and things were not going well....and I couldnt even get out of bed somedays.....but I really really really wanted to make this canvas.....I really wanted to put all the uglies bugglies outta my head...and just leave them stuck like glue to the canvas....cuz you can walk away from a canvas and if the ugly bugglies are glued to it....guess what...you walk away from them too.....

So .....I sat up late one night....and painted this face...not perfect...neither is life....didnt matter...at least it looked like a face....but it needed a little photoshopping.....

And then I put on the background of the canvas.....I looked around at all the things I could use other than a paintbrush to paint design and texture.....and before you know it.....

those ugly bugglies were glued right to the canvas......




and there was a glimmer of hope.......


And I began to smile....as I looked at what I made....I ripped and tore..and glued and dug out stuff..and painted and stamped...and just had so much fun.....and now......Hope! has replaced the Ugly bugglies...

So what about those challenges and dark times that made me grateful?  Well...if I didnt have them...I wouldnt know my inner strength....I wouldn't have created this artwork.....who know's what I would have done?  But I can tell you that creating artwork thru difficult times is so much better than crawling in a hole and hiding.

Here's the link to Inspired at Home - The Gratitude Episode - Click here

Be sure to Hop on over to my other very talented friends who are also on this FLIP-PAL hop - You'll be inspired by their artwork too!:


;Amy Anderson - Mod Podge Rocks


  • Chef Stephanie Petersen:



  • Pat Sloan



  • Melissa Langer



  • Christy Tomlinson           



  • Kathy Peterson Inspired
  • 3 comments:

    Brandi said...

    Another beautiful canvas! You are so talented!

    Anonymous said...

    There is always Hope I love the concept of the scanner and have my fingers crossed hoping to win one EJ

    Shirley in Canada said...

    Totally Amazing what you have come up with to use this new and sought after tool-gadget-notion-gotta have!!
    Thanks for the ideas!!

    Click on a post

    Related Posts with Thumbnails