Thursday, January 13, 2011

Flip-Pal™ Mobile Scanner Blog Hop Week #2 - Despite a few bug bites - Artwork by Linda Peterson

Welcome to week #2!  Wasn't last weeks hop amazingly talented???  Breath-taking and inspiring artwork!!

I've used my Flip-Pal(R) Mobile Scanner soooooo much, I actually wore down the batteries...seriously....but..thank goodness before I did...I got some great great scans in!

I'm moving to my studio to a new location, which also means going thru some of the old boxes and pitching stuff out.   I found one of my favorite dresses that my daughter, Mariah used to wear.   It's a little yellow and pink floral dress (um...didnt get a picture of the dress) with yellow gingham accents and trimmed in sage green.  She was about 2 or 3 when she wore this dress....and it was a very difficult time in her life.  She was going thru chemotherapy to treat a brain tumor.  I bought her this dress after a surgery and she just shined..she looked like a little blossoming flower!  Maybe that's why I kept the dress....(Im a pack-rat you know...)

So I grabbed my scanner and scanned different elements of the dress....the little pink and yellow flowers, the gingham trim....and loaded it into photoshop, where I printed it out on paper.

Last Saturday, I got together with my "Scrappin' Sisters" for our monthly Scrapbooking crop.  This was the perfect opportunity to use the new paper I made for one of my collage paintings.....

First I started with the color pallette based on the colors of the dress.....


the paper created from the scanned fabric...

 
and of course, the words.......



And....the reveal....full of bling...like her colorful life.......oh...and one more thing....


it's true.....a flower NEVER fails to bloom.....despite a few bug bites....along the way....

Mariah today....a beautiful young 19 years old!


Go grab your favorite drink....sit back, relax and hop along to the other designers pages.....

;Amy Anderson - Mod Podge Rocks








  • Chef Stephanie Petersen:









  • Pat Sloan









  • Melissa Langer









  • Christy Tomlinson           









  • Kathy Peterson Inspired






    • Flip-Pal(R) Mobile Scanner is giving a scanner away each week.  So click here to go their page to register!  Hope you win!!

      17 comments:

      Kathy Peterson Inspired said...

      OMG! Linda this is just awesome. It's so stinkin' cute! Thanks for joining me on the FLip-Pal hop!

      Chef Tess said...

      Sweet! Very original.

      curlyqmosaics said...

      I love your mixed media/collage creation! So cute, love all the details!

      kate blue said...

      gorgeous project...wish I could see more-I'm going to craft with the girls soon and would love to make one of these!!

      CrizzyJ said...

      It's beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

      Annette A. said...

      WOW...I am amazed how awesome your project came out. I just love it. THanks for sharing.

      Whispers and Wishes said...

      this is adorable... and your daughter has grown into a lovely young woman... thanks for sharing your project with us!

      Peg said...

      Gorgeous, gorgeous project,
      I am smitten with the scanner!

      pat sloan said...

      ohhhh..... ahhhh... this is awesome and so is your young lady!! This is such fun to be on this hop with you!

      The Cabby Crafter said...

      I love how versatile the mobile scanner is. Thanks for sharing your project!

      Becky Moore said...

      How pretty! You are so talented - and blessed with a beautiful daughter!

      BARB T said...

      Your mixed media collage is awesome. the paper you designed by using the mobile scanner is so cute and holds so many memories. Your daughter is a real beauty.

      NEEDLEWINGS said...

      beautiful!!! Just fricken' awesome!

      kreativeimagination said...

      It's an amazing mixed media collage. Love the woriding and the paper background. I think you can take crafting to a whole new level with Flip-Pal.

      syeda

      syeda_lubabah@hotmail.com

      Unknown said...

      Linda, I have yet to meet one of your creations I didn't like. This project is beautiful, as is your daughter.

      Annette A. said...

      Awesome art work. I just love it. The Flip-Pal is really awesome. THanks for sharing.

      Brandi said...

      Beautiful! Both the canvas and your daughter!

      Click on a post

      Related Posts with Thumbnails