Monday, October 5, 2009

The countdown begins to the Starving Artist Playground!!!

I know...I really need to get my London blog done....I have to tell you that when I got back to the hotel each night...I was whipped and just didnt have enough energy to lift my pinky finger...I do promise though, that I will share an overview of the trip soon....
But now Im onto another trip...in DENVER COLORADO at the studio of Jen Lowe. We're getting ready for the second annual Starving Artist Playground in just 4 MORE DAYS!!
It may seem like a small thing, just gather up a few supplies....head over to a friends house....and PLAY! To some extent that is true....but for an instructor...there is soooo much prep work that needs to be done to ensure a successful class.
Here's Jana Ewy's story as she prepares for the retreat:


Getting ready for my Fracture & Fusion playshops was quite a job. Just look at this pile of Friendly plastic cut into perfect 1/4" strips. I wanted to make sure everyone would have enough time to really get the hang of the F&F, so I thought I would pre cut all the plastic into strips for them. It may take a week for my hands to recover. What was I thinking. I need to get a special die made, to make this process a little easier.



You can never have too many colored sheets to choose from, so I decided to lay out a few color coordinated strips in order to created a few F&F sheets to go along with the sheets my playmates will be creating.



Of course... once the all the strips were layed out I had to fuse them together. Can you tell I haven't taught in a really long time? Here I am practically making the projects for them. I have a hard time knowing when to stop. The truth is... I am really excited to teach again and I want everyone to be successful. So maybe I am doing a little too much. All the kits are make up and have been shipped off to Jen's house. I can't wait to see what the results will be and to share them you. I am sure there will be a lot of blogging going on, so be sure to check back here... and on the Friendly Plastic blog.

KEEP CHECKING BACK THERE'S MORE TO COME~

No comments:

Click on a post

Related Posts with Thumbnails