Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Fishing for Trout.... It's not what you'd think....

I know you expected to see some of my fishing pictures displaying my catch of the day. Well...I will give you this little fishing report... We went fishing last Wednesday evening on Taneycomo Lake. The weather was beautiful and for the first time in ....well who knows how long... A LONG TIME....I caught the only two fish of the night....

That's girl two....Boy...Z - E - R - O! GIRLS RULE...BOYS DROOL! Oh yeah...Im dancing a fish dance!.......

Anyways...not gonna share the catch - mostly because there are no pictures. I did intend to put up something today that was to boost your business sense when it comes to craft shows, but that will have to wait until another day...BECAUSE............I found this post thanks to Steve at ArtBeads.com and his multi-daily tweets.

This is a necklace that was posted on Beading Arts...and well what can I say...It suits me perfect and besides that...I get to promote a fellow artist. And by the way, I love this piece by Amy.

What will you use to for your inspiration today??? Enjoy this post by Beading Arts

Fishing for Trout




Originally, I had planned to make this a much more complicated necklace, but as I played with a few ideas, I finally realized that I really didn't want to distract too much attention from the central medallion. So I settled on three knotted cords and a strand of ribbon yarn. I chose colors that would not only look good with the fish, but would also look vaguely like running water.


1. Cut all your fibers to at least 25 inches if you want an 18 inch necklace. I used a straw cut to various lengths in order to space the beads out properly on the cords. I used a mixture of vintage lucite and ceramic so that it wouldn't get too heavy. Knot below and above each bead, and cut all the ends even when you've finished.


2. Wrap the ends through and around a large jump ring so that the raw ends point downward. Pull the knots tight and glue them with jeweler's cement for security. Attach a chain to one of the jump rings, and attach a clasp to the other end of the chain. When the cement has dried, clip the ends close.

Finished!

Polymer clay medallions available from Amy E Fraser.


Copyright 2007 Cyndi Lavin. Not to be reprinted, resold, or redistributed for profit. May be printed out for personal use or distributed electronically provided that entire file, including this notice, remains intact.


Technorati Tags:,,,,,,

Now I wonder......If I wore this necklace....Would I always catch more trout??? Hey...It's worth a try!

No comments:

Click on a post

Related Posts with Thumbnails