Monday, April 6, 2009

Organization... A key to a Creative Space!

Have you ever read a magazine on organization, showing all these beautiful inspiring creative spaces the OTHER people have and just drooled??? Seeing one in real life is even better!! Jen Lowe has a way of organizing that just beats anything I've seen up till now. That made Jana and I want to get in gear and organize our creative workspace too!!

Jana actually beat me to it. Im re-doing my studio in sections and I have taken before pictures..but the after pictures are taking me a while, since my studio was purely functional, brown plain walls and very uninspiring. That means several coats of paint on the walls and installing new counters and shelves......and time.....never enough time!

Since Jana's studio is finished, I just have to share!....it's so organized, and fun and welcoming. I would love to just go in there an explore (and mess it up a little). I just finished talking to Jana about her new studio makeover and she says...SHE LOVES IT and it was worth every penny!!!



At long last... I have finally gotten to the AFTER. Well it is still a work in progress, but it is finally a nice workable place that I can finally call my STUDIO. I am sure... you all know what an undertaking it is to try to re-organize your craft space. WoW... It was a much bigger job than I had anticipated, but the out come has been well worth the effort. What a joy it is to enter this room now. Just take a look at the transformation.



Before... (personally....I thought it looked pretty good.....but wait...It got better!)

After... I was so crazy for these ribbon wall unites from Making Memories that I bought three of them. Only used the ribbon rods on the unite above my new desk, though. Look at how neat my alcohol inks are, in these little white baskets. The floating shelves gave me a place to display a few pieces of art work that were stuffed in the closet before. Oh... and look... there is my FP art piece framed and on display.

I have my lap top placed on the book-boxes in the corner and on the other wall unite is where I keep all my soldering stuff along with envirotex, mixing materials and mold making mixtures.

Before... a mess of filigree findings.

After... WOW... too neat... I need to make a mess here. This is my favorite place to sit, here in front of the window, plus I can spend hours playing with all these filigree pieces, so many fabulous designs to create with theses.

You can never have enough filigree jewelry findings to play with.

These divided jewelry displays fit perfectly into the wire drawers, and are easy to lift in and out. I love these... I would buy 100 of these just to fill them up. As a matter of fact that is what makes buying organizers so much fun... is having great stuff to put in them.

Before... can you believe I was able to create jewelry while sitting at this mess?

After... so neat and clean. I am so organized now that I can't find anything. My new desk and cabinet are from Best Craft Organizers, Can you believe I was able to fit all that mess into these two pieces of furniture. Each drawer has fifteen compartments in it. They were a great investment, not cheap, but worth every penny.

Look how beautiful my beads look.

Here is the unit where I used the ribbon rods to hold all my spools of chain. Everything fit perfect.

Mike, (my husband) helped me put up the shelves on this wall. They don't look as nice as the floating shelves but they can hold a lot of weight, that means... lots of good stuff can be collected and placed here. Books and Magazines too.

This is my Stainless steel cutting table. I cut so much Friendly Plastic that it had to be durable, plus the shelf under it, holds stacks of drawers, each one containing its own color of Friendly Plastic sticks. Talk about organized... before they were in zip-lock bags, tossed into one big bin. It used to be a 30 minute ordeal just to pick out colors I needed for a project. Not any more.

Finally... here is half of my closet where all the rest of my really good stuff is kept. This half got the make over, 12 x 12 drawers replaced the bins and has made it much easier to get the tools and things I use most often.

So... what do you think? Much better than before? I still need a new desk chair, something funky on wheels. Not your typical desk chair. The fun will be in the hunt. If you have any suggestions... please let me know.

Personally, I believe it's about what you do with the space you have. You can put ALOT of stuff in small area if you organize properly.... unfortunately I am no expert on the subject. I think Jana did an amazing job with tranforming a "workroom" into a "creative studio".


No comments:

Click on a post

Related Posts with Thumbnails