Thursday, March 19, 2009

Skype - N - Play with Basement Babes

The 3rd Thursday of every month, Jen Lowe has a crafty day with all her friends. They've dubbed themselves - "The Basement Babes". Originally they all crafted downstairs in Jen's basement - thus the name. I wanted to play too! But the problem?? You guessed it - they're in Colorado and Im in Missouri! But where there is a will there is a way! And we skyped most of the day long. The girls would make stuff and bring it to the camera for me to see....and I did likewise. It was a day of laughs......Just look at the picture below...Jen took my picture of me talking to her!




How cool is that? Now we just need to figure out a way to do this by video conference and everyone can join us for a fun filled day!!! Today, I taught my bezel technique to the girls via skype. I can't begin to tell you how much giggling was going on - really hard to hear her most of the time. But it was our very first attempt......and I know we will just get better from here.

This is the bezel that Jen did - around a piece of marbeled Friendly Plastic:



And here's the one Susan did:



I think there's a market here! How much would you pay for a private skype class? one-on-one....to learn how to do something like this? Or any of the techniques we've been working on lately? Well, of course, you'd have to have a video camera - but I just think this is beyond fun! And you don't have to pay to travel.....or even get out of your jammies! LOLOL!!!

Guess I'd better get busy - one month til the next play day - and we'll see if we can skype more than one person at a time!!!

(psstt....thanks Jen for letting me skype-lift your photo's from your blog today!)

I can see so many possibilities....like one on one classes!!! - Okay..Im going to work on my class list!

No comments:

Click on a post

Related Posts with Thumbnails