Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Polymer Clay story Telling - Froggie story from a Project of the month Member



Before Jenny shares her story, I have to say...GREAT JOB!!! He's adorable! I've got your name in the basket! and....Theresa M. you're next - she shares a swap story! (so check back!)

But for now, here's Jenny's froggie story:

Spring is just around the corner! Raina and I went outside the other day and took a walk.

It was such a beautiful day! The birds are starting to come out and all the little critters! After our walk we went and played on her swingset. She just loves to play.

As she got into her sand box she heard this Crrooooaaakkk."MOMMY!!!! What was that" she asked. I listened. "CROOOOAAAKKKK""hmmm sounds like a froggie sweetie!!!" "A frog? Ewwwwww frogs are yucky mommy!"

The little frog was listening to what Raina had said.First he was a little upset that Raina thought he was yucky.

He looked at his little froggie legs and thought to himself, I'm not yucky!So as he heard me explain that frogs ARE NOT YUCKY and that they are pretty cute, Raina started to think that maybe they were alright. But she was still unsure about it. So as the little frog kept listening......he looked around."Hmmmm what could I do to show her that I am not so bad after all? She is such a cutie and I really want to meet her! I mean we do share the same yard and all....."CRRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKK"

That's it!!!!!!!!!!" He thought!He hopped over to the little flowers that were comming up and picked one.

He hopped back over to the sandbox where Raina was sitting."CROOOOOOOOOAAAAAKKKKKKKKKK" She jumped a little because it scared her. And as she looked down, here he was with his cheesy little smile and a flower just for her!"MOMMY MOMMY MOMMY!!!! Look!! isn't he cute!" she yelled. Looking down I seen the cutest little cheesy smiled froggie."well that is your little froggie friend that you heard a few minutes ago, Raina!" She had the biggest smile on her face!"Frog's aren't so bad after all mommy! They are pretty cute! and Nice too!"

Thanks Jenny for sharing your story! Now when I look at your frog, I remember this story! It really brings him to life!! Can you see how a story really does affect your creativity?

I first learned Clay Storytelling from Maureen Carlson, years ago. And I still remember that story today. It really did bring the character to life and I thank Maureen for this little tip that has made me take my designing one step farther.

You can join the fun too - Just email for more details!

No comments:

Click on a post

Related Posts with Thumbnails