Friday, January 23, 2009

Im leaving on a jet plane.........

Do you remember the song... "Im leavin on a jet plane....don't know when I'll be back again...Oh babe I hate to go?!?!?!?!?......" This song was popular back in the late 60's....I was three or four.

My mom taught me to sing, because if I was singing, she could always keep tabs on me and know where I was. Those were the days when - when you got a little older like 5 you could go to the toy aisle at K-Mart all by yourself....singing.... Well.. at least I thought I was all by myself, my mom was just a couple aisles over keeping tabs on me.....

One time we were on a camping trip at HWY 13 Boat Dock in Kimberling City, Missouri. We went there every year on vacation. I was maybe 3 or 4 and you know...I had to "go"....and no one was around....so I walked my self to the bathroom. Well....when my mom realized I was gone, you can just imagine the panic....she ran all over to try to find me until this lady said....
"Are you looking for a little girl - about 3 or 4? and of course my mom said...YES!

"Well, I dont know if this is the little girl you are looking for " she said. "But, there is a little girl in the bathroom just down the way, singing her heart out!" And then mom found me.... And oh was I in truuubblllee.......

Im sitting in the airport now, on my way to CHA - Finally! And that song just popped into my head. Funny how a song can bring back such fun memories! And by the way....my aunt Molly used to bribe me with quarters to sing that song and I never would.... now that I think back, that was a pretty sweet deal!

More from CHA tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Click on a post

Related Posts with Thumbnails