Monday, January 26, 2009

CHA DAY TWO


Here's a picture of AMACO's press kit display. The box and frame are out of Friendly Plastic and If I do say so myself....they are quite eye catching. Dawn said this is one of the best display's we've had in a while. I was thrilled that she liked them, because I had to take over the kitchen with plastic to do this and Dana was NOT happy about that.

Yesterday was the first day of the show. We were swamped!!! and exhausted at the end of the day! And sorry...I just didnt have time to take pictures. I will today though, it's the awards ceremony for the "Butterflies take Flight" dedicated to the holocaust. I will get pictures of that.

Jana and I were swamped doing a collaberative demonstration between her friendly plastic pieces and my bezels and bails. We were thrilled that it was so well received.
The show is much smaller this year, with more of a focus on back to the basics. Lots of acrylic and plastic beads are being incorporated into bead making. With the economy the way it is, I believe consumers are going to want to craft, but will be very cautious about the products they use. The average ticket sale is down considerably as the economy reflects less spending.
I do want to say a big thank you to Tim Holtz at RANGER for his contribution of Adirondak Alcohol inks for our demo's and to ThermOWeb for their contribution of double stick super tape. It was a big part of making our demo's successful.

No comments:

Click on a post

Related Posts with Thumbnails