Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Penguins and Gingerbread Characters

I've been trying now for a week to get more characters up on eBay and I can't say that I've been all that successful....well...I havent been successful at all! I did manage to create this little penguin character last night.

Much of my work is inspired by my kids. This one happens to be inspired by my son Alex. (Alex is probably going to think his mom lost her marbles when he reads this...but....) When he was a little guy, he was always pushing or pulling something. I remember when he first learned to crawl, he would push the box of wipes around the living room making little motor car noises. To him, everything was a car or motorcycle. He had quite an imagination!



When he got a little older, his Great Grandpa bought him a red tractor to ride. It looked like a little miniature riding lawn mower. His feet would barely touch the pedals, but that never deterred him from getting some rope and tieing up cars and wagons or whatever he could to pull behind him. He was such an adorable little boy.....now he's a handsome young man who's about to turn 20! Talk about making me feel old!

I love winter, I love sledding and I love family time. While I may not be able to stop Alex from growing up, I can keep those memories alive in my characters.

Where do you get your inspiration?
If you are interested in this little character for your collection, email me and I'll send you an invoice for $17.95 which includes shipping. The penguin is approximately 2" tall and the gingerbread measures about an inch. (I only have one available)
Im working on the projects for the POM Club this week. I'll be posting more information on that during a later post!

1 comment:

Helen Hughes said...

How do you have the time to create during the holidays? I'm jealous. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Have a great day Linda!

Click on a post

Related Posts with Thumbnails