Monday, March 3, 2008

I Challenge YOU! - Celebrate National Crafts Month with ME

I was kindly reminded that March is NATIONAL CRAFTS MONTH by a google alert that I have on myself. You should try it....set a google alert on your name. You'll learn all kinds of funky stuff you didn't know.

Interesting when you "google alert" yourself. I bet you didn't know that I'm also a vice-mayor, an award winning real estate agent, a doctor, a counselor, a rubber stamping artist, a photographer, and actually - ME, a self proclaimed crafting expert. (I must have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express at some point in my life...) I guess Linda Peterson is a popular name.

Okay...back on que...My collegue and crafty friend Debba Haupert of Girlfriendology reminded me how important it is to be surrounded by crafty, creative girlfriends. I have many to thank for giving me inspiration, a gentle nudge and when I needed it - a reality check.

I'll be forever indebted to my Grandma Campbell and my Mom for instilling the importance of crafting and creativity. And a big high-five all my crafty girlfriends for all their friendship: Donna Kato, Maureen Carlson, Katie Munday, Debba Haupert, Lisa Galvin, Vicki Schreiner, Barbara McGuire, Gill Housley, Elaine Gardner, Jen Lowe, Katie Hacker, Julie McGuffe, Juliana Hudgins and many many more. (Many of these are featured in my favorite links section)

Be sure to check out the links on the blog - you'll find that one link takes you to another...and another...and there is so much inspiration out there you can just spend hours. So much better than reading the depressing newspaper and catching up on the latest bank robbery, or murder...


I also extend a big THANKS to YOU my viewer, who without reading my blog, viewing my You-Tube videos, buying my books and craft magazines, visiting craft stores would leave me unemployed. I am amazed to see just how many people read what lil ole me has to say on a daily basis. So many international visitors too- That's AWESOME!

I want you to know, that I truely enjoy each and every email that I receive from you. I encourage you to email me more often. Even if it's to say HI or to share a story....or a photo of your work. I really would love to hear from more of you.


So how are you going to celebrate National Crafts Month? I challenge you to make something else out of something....yes...find something to repurpose, reuse, recycle in a totally different way. It can be something to decorate your home, a wearable accessory - you know...a handbag, belt, clothing, jewelry - just whatever and be creative. Then send me a picture with a brief write up on what inspired you to create it along with your contact information (this will be kept private). I will award the winner a autographed copy of my newest book MAKING BEADS during the first week of APRIL. The winner will be featured on the blog and I'll send the 2 runners up a little somthin-somthin special too. So get to thinking....get to creating...get to repurposing....go GREEN!

I have lots of people that read this on a daily basis......so I know I will be inundated with email! Bring it on!!! Can't wait to see what craftilicious designs you have to share!

No comments:

Click on a post

Related Posts with Thumbnails