Tuesday, September 4, 2007

beads beADS BEADS!

I'm swimming in beads! Well...at least that's what it feels like. I'm deep into creating the beads and projects for my new "Making Beads" book which is due to be finished at the end of the week. YIKES!! (did I say end of the week!??!@?!?!?)



I'd like to share a few snippits from the book. If you have thought about making polymer clay jewelry but were a little scared, this book is for you. It's 128 pages full of information with over 35 projects. Technique and project based. I teach you the techniques and then give you ideas on how to create stunning jewelry. Once you learn the technique, you can mix and match the different jewelry ideas to come up with designs of your own. It's just full of creative jump start juice! Here's what you'll see:


  • Faux Jade
  • Faux Coral
  • Faux Amber
  • Faux Turquoise - a different technique than in the Bead Technique Book
  • Faux Marble
  • Faux Cinnabar
  • Faux Bone
  • Image transfer beads
  • Sculpting beads
  • and more!

I sculpted this focal piece under inspiration from CF Originals. I just love her work so I decided to email her and ask her permission to use her as inspiration. She was so gracious to say YES!!! I miss sculpting the characters and now I've found a way to combine both! THANKS CHRISTI for all the inspiration!! Be sure to check out the link to her website. She has new books out too!!

Well...that's all for now...back to beads, beaDS and more BEADS! See you next time on the ArtBuzz.......

No comments:

Click on a post

Related Posts with Thumbnails