Sunday, August 5, 2007

Has it really been THAT long ago???

At dinner last night we were chomping down on some delicious sweet corn on the cob (ooohh so good!). Now, whenever I eat corn on the cob, I always think about the "Looney Tunes" cartoon where the chicken is pecking at the cob like an old manual typewriter - sounds and all. I've typed many a term paper on our old manual typewriter- it's all we had. I mentioned that to my husband and he laughed. Then I said to the girls, when I was in high school, we didnt have keyboarding classes we learned to type on electric typewriters. Elise's reply? "What's an electric typewriter????" (I never thought they wouldn't know what that was....)

Oh...has it really been that long ago that we've given up the typewriter? Now today, Im seeing manual typewriters being taken apart and their parts used in Heritage scrapbook pages. I must be getting old. Computers are now an integral part of our lives and I certainly can't get by without mine.

It does'nt seem "that" long ago that I started my art career, but it has been over 15 years ago. My mother has alot of my beginning work. Hopefully this week I'll get over to her house to photo some of those vintage pieces to show you. We all have to start somewhere and it's amazing how we improve and evolve.

Stay tuned for the blast from the past...

No comments:

Click on a post

Related Posts with Thumbnails