Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Beans for breakfast.......

Sorry folks, I just havent had time to sit down and give you the full scoop on the CHA show that I recently attended. I promise full details - pictures and all tomorrow!!!

Right now, we have guests visiting from England. You might remember from the February blog that I went to England to work with Gill from ALL ABOUT CRAFTS and demo Fimo techniques in their booth at the "Stitches" Craft and Hobby Trade show in Birmingham. Gill was so gracious to show me around so I invited her to visit my little home town in the Missouri Ozarks. She and her husband John took me up on the offer. Now, any trip to the Ozarks is not complete without a visit to LAMBERTS CAFE! - Home of the Throwed Rolls, "THE #1 place to PIG OUT in the US" according to the Travel Channel. That's exactly what we did - PIG OUT (just look at us will ya??? That's some plates of food...and if you eat all that - you can have more... oink oink..! )on good ole home cooking country food as we dodged hot rolls coming in every which direction.... Quite a site to see.

We've been on sort of a "culture" blend, sharing stories and words....and "what do you call this.....what do you call that...." We wanted to make them feel at home. One of their common breakfast foods is baked beans on toast. This was something that I really turned my nose up at when I was visiting England...the whole idea of that just wasnt too appetizing. However, I do have to say that I was quite mistaken, for today, Dana fixed baked beans and toast to serve to our guests. It was quite delicious and Mariah even asked for seconds......So for that quick meal that you want just before you're heading out the door for work...pop open a can of baked beans...heat 'em in the microwave and plop them on some toast....Yummmmmmmyy...

Back to see you tomorrow....we're headed to Branson for their site seeing tour, a shopping trip to the Branson Landing...and who knows what else.......

No comments:

Click on a post

Related Posts with Thumbnails