Friday, June 8, 2007

CREATIVE MINDS ARE NEVER NEAT


Sometimes we just get on the road to creativity and the next thing we know....we wind up on a path we never knew existed. I thought I'd share my latest and greatest in creative spaces. (That's a joke..... really!!!) This is the "picasso" that came as a result of this weeks creative time where I had no real purpose, no real plan and no real project to create. Just explore...create....mess-up and discover!

Do you ever take the time to do just that? I rarely do. As a professional, sometimes I get locked into the mindset that everything I create has to be sellable...wonderful and an incredible masterpiece. In reality that's not always the case. Hours and hours can be spent on one design - tweeking and tweeking before the final piece is a winner. The sad thing is, to recreate the piece may take only mere minutes in comparison- once the tweeks have been worked thru. So what did I accomplish this week? Well, depends on who you ask. If you ask my husband, he would say "nothing! but a bunch of piddling". But if you ask me, I would tell you that I opened up a world of new creativity thanks to the inspiration of artists like Desiree of Desired Creations. I learned to solder brass to make bevels - something I always wanted to learn and to Donna Kato for her tutorial on her take of simulating dichroic glass pendants. While I didnt create a finished piece of jewelry....yet. I did get to explore, enrich and create. Who knows just what path that will lead me to..........





I'd love to hear your creative adventures. Oh...and by the way....my house...does not look like the studio. You can actually walk thru it!

No comments:

Click on a post

Related Posts with Thumbnails